I need creative outlets. I crave them.
So today I dyed my hair purple and threw together this reading nook for the Tiny Gremlin’s room.
Ya know, a little of this, a little of that. Maybe a little quarter life crisis thrown in *insert shoulder shrug*.
This was a pretty easy project and I bet you a dollar that you have all the materials at home already. I used the following items to create this tiny piece of magic for baby girl’s room:
- a hula hoop
- duct tape
- sturdy string (I used jute twine – https://www.homedepot.com)
- two long curtains
- a cup hook or something similar (example – https://www.homedepot.com)
This is a pretty quick project and the steps aren’t very difficult. It only took about 15 minutes of our day and was done in time for reading hour!
- Remove the staples holding the hula hoop together. If your hoop doesn’t have staples, then cut it. You need your hoop not to be a hoop for a few minutes. Before moving on to the next step, I suggest using the hoop as a giant crab claw or maybe ant pinchers, it’s fun.
- Thread your curtains onto the hoop one at a time.
- Rejoin the ends of the hoop and use duct tape to secure them. You could probably use superglue instead OR in addition to the tape. Fun tip – this is a good time to pretend to be a giant jelly fish (step inside the hoop, hold the hoop up so that you are surrounded by curtains, and slink around your house).
- Cut your string and tie it on opposite ends of the hoop, leaving enough slack so that it can hang on the hook.
- Screw your cup hook into the ceiling where your reading nook will be.
- Hang your hula-hoop-curtain-reading-nook cover on the cup hook.
We do plan on adding strings of pom poms to the edges of the curtains so I will add an updated photo later.
Let me know if you try this project or if you have any improvements to share 🙂
❤ La Lady Valdez