The Spousal Unit likes pickled jalapenos with his eggs, so every other Sunday I make a batch while I am meal prepping.
This is the easiest way to make them and they last in the fridge for a couple of weeks. They are NOT canned jalapenos. I repeat – this is NOT a canning recipe. Put these bad boys in the jar and then eat them within a week or two. We don’t condone botulism here people!
- 10 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1-2 large carrots (this is your choice, it depends on how you like your carrot to jalapeno ratio)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 large white onion
Mix it up..
- Combine all ingredients except jalapenos, onion, and carrots in a pan. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Slice jalapenos, onion, and carrots to desired size and add them to mixture, then remove the pan from heat.
- Allow jalapenos, onion, and carrots to rest in the mixture for 8-10 minutes. The jalapenos should turn an olive green color when they are ready.
- Use tongs to move veggies into a jar then pour in brining liquid so that it fills the jar to the top.
I hope you enjoy the jalapenos! Let me know what you think down below in the comments!
❤ La Lady Valdez